Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of Pre K

Samantha started Pre-K yesterday.  We had a "Peek and Play" on last Friday to meet her teachers and play in her new classroom.  On the way there she told me she was scared.  I asked her what she was scared of and she looked at me calmly and said, "What if the room is orange?  I don't like orange."  So with a small laugh I told her that her room wasn't orange and even if it was it wouldn't be bad.  
Yesterday she was so excited to go to school.  I was ready with the camera to catch some great stuff.  We went out front of our house and took some pics.








Once we got to school we had to go upstairs to get to her classroom.  Here is a pic of her going up the stairs. 

 











Her friend Matthew was going to be there and she was ready to play.  We got there a little early and chatted with Matthew and his mom LeAnn (one of my great friends).  Here is a picture of them together (I promise Matthew gave me the best smile ever right after I clicked the picture!).  
The School was having a farm theme and they had a great barn set up for the kids to walk through to get to class.  I'll add the pic later having problems getting it loaded.

All in all she had a blast at school and enjoyed all the activities she got to do. YEAH!

5 comments:

Cayce said...

I love the orange room problem! I'm glad she's likes her class. Where is she going to school?

Anonymous said...

So precious!! Yes--where is she going to school?

Julie said...

Samantha looks so adorable in her picture!! We miss you guys!! You have to post a lot and show pictures so we can keep up with you.

Glenda B said...

I couldn't be happier for Samantha and how blessed I am by her sweet spirit. It seems like only yesterday her Mom was off to her first day of school. God is soooo Good!

Allison said...

I cannot believe that Samantha is already going to school! Oh how time flies.